There is a well-established body of reimbursement codes for retrievable IVC filters and central venous catheters in the US:
- CPT Code 37620 Interruption, partial or complete, of inferior vena cava by suture, ligation, plication, clip, extravascular, or intravascular
- CPT Code 36010 Introduction of catheter, superior or inferior vena cava
- CPT Code 75825-26 Venography, caval, inferior, with serialography, radiological supervision and interpretation
- CPT Code 75940-26 Percutaneous placement of IVC filter, radiological supervision and interpretation
- CPT Code 37203 Trans catheter retrieval, percutaneous, of intravascular foreign body (e.g., fractured venous or arterial catheter)
- CPT Code 75961-26 Trans catheter retrieval, percutaneous, of intravascular foreign body (e.g., fractured venous or arterial catheter) radiological supervision and interpretation
The total reimbursement for placement and retrieval of filters and central venous catheters can total over $4,000 for the facility and more than $1,100 for the physician. BiO2 Medical believes that the adoption of the Angel™ Catheter will be greatly enhanced by the presence of existing reimbursement codes to cover its placement and removal, as well as the improved clinical and medical advantages it offers over currently available IVC filters.